Taft Avenue Community Church
2017 Mission, Vision, and Values
“We are a community of true believers in Jesus Christ, established by God as His holy dwelling place, knit together in love by the Holy Spirit, who gather together regularly in order to make the glory of God known through the Gospel, using every biblical means possible under recognized spiritual leadership, who care for and affirm each other’s salvation, and then are trained and sent into the world to preach and practice the Gospel and multiply churches everywhere." 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; Hebrews 10:24-25; Exodus 33; 1 Timothy 3; Titus 1; Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Peter 1:10.
Our Values and Essential Commitments:
1. Family. We strive to be a grateful, stranger-friendly, welcoming community. We endeavour to practice biblical hospitality with each other and for the aliens and strangers that God brings our way.
2. Mission. Because of Christ's glorious work and coming again we engage zealously in God's urgent Gospel mission.
3. The Word. Because we are Christ's body, we come to know Him and are directed in our service and beliefs by His Word, the Bible.
4. Unity. Leadership and hearts of gratitude are needed for a loving community. Because we need under-shepherds we train and follow strong biblically qualified leaders.
Our Vision and Plans for 2017:
1. Engage in Biblical Literacy: Using the Bible Project format, everyone at TACC will read through the Bible in one year. Small Groups, Adult Sunday School classes, Youth and College and Career groups will all participate in the same weekly Bible reading and discussion.
2. Let the Word do its transforming work. Not only do we just want to read the Scripture through in one year and know its basic overview and understand essential doctrines, but we must strive to be "Doers of the Word" and allow the word to have a transforming impact into every aspect of our lives including loving our brothers and sisters in unity, being dependent on God in prayer, and showing hospitality to our neighbors and strangers.
3. Mission to India and Mexico. We will continue with the same vigor and commitment as in the past years. We will strive to develop and implement the best strategies for our missions work.