Chocolate, God's Grace and the Drama of Scripture
"So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son." Ephesians 1:6 (NLT)
Recently 24 women from Taft headed up to Big Bear in the San Bernardino mountains for a women's retreat weekend of worship, connection, and fellowship. Using meaningful activites and devotions designed to celebrate the richness of God's blessing and His extravagant grace, those present were afforded the opportunity to unpack God's grace while resting at the feet of Jesus.
Sessions focused on the following:
- The first miracle of Jesus (John 2:1-11) where the glory of Christ is revealed and a fullness of grace is shown.
- The lowering of a paralyzed man through the roof to Jesus (Mark 2:1-12, Luke 5:17-26, and Matthew 9:2-8) where undeserved grace is experienced through healing.
- Extending grace to others in need in the form of a gift from the heart.
- The strength of offering grace in tough circumstances (Luke 22:47-51 and John 18:10-11) and receiving the ultimate outpouring of grace (Romans 5:6-8).
- Quiet prayer and contemplation in the presence of the Lord.
- Grace poured out on the cross; Jesus death, burial, and resurrection.
This was a wonderful experience for the women involved to get to know each other on a deeper more personal level while spending time with the Lord exploring our place in God's story.
For those of you who attended and loved Michaele's cooking or those who want to try something new, click here for a delicious lasagna soup recipe.
More in Connect to Women's Ministry
September 10, 2015Spiritual Disciplines for the Purpose of Godliness | WORSHIP | 4th in Series
June 18, 2015True Grit, Perseverance, and the Joy of the Lord
March 23, 2015Reclaimed, Redeemed, Reworked... In the Potter's Hands