"What's a Pastor to Do?
June 8, 2014 Series: Everyday Church in Relentless Pursuit
Passage: 1 Peter 5:1–5:7
1. Shepherding in 1 Peter is about leading the church through difficulties (1 Peter 5:1).
2. Pastoring is a high office (1 Peter 5:1).
3. Elders never lead as islands (1 Peter 5:1).
4. Christians need shepherding, oversight, direction. Direction comes from elders by instruction and example not by bossiness (1 Peter 5:2-3; Philippians 4:9; Hebrews 13:7).
5. God rewards good elder-ing in heaven forever! (1Peter 5:4).
6. Our enemy hates those who follow their leaders. Fight the tendency to be rebellious against your elders (1 Peter 5:5-11; Hebrews 13:17).
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Name our elders.
2. What is the difference between the pastor and our elders?
3. Who is the Chief Shepherd of the church? How does He lead the church? How do elders find the mind of Christ?
4. What is the role of a NT elder/shepherd/pastor? What kinds of things should they be doing with their time?
5. Which office in the church takes care of the material needs of members? Can one person take care of all the spiritual and physical needs of everyone in the congregation?
More in Everyday Church in Relentless Pursuit
June 29, 2014"Bands of Brothers and Sisters - part 2"
June 19, 2014"Bands of Brothers and Sisters"
June 9, 2014"Worried About So Many Things? Get That Fixed Now!"