"Worried About So Many Things? Get That Fixed Now!"
Passage: 1 Peter 5:1–5:11
1. Develop a biblical view of God (1 Peter 5:6-11).
2. Learn the humility and encouragement of being part of the church (1 Peter 5:5, 9).
3. Trust your elders (1 Peter 5:5).
4. Pray about everything (1 Peter 5:7).
5. Talk to yourself, don’t let yourself talk to you (1 Peter 5:8).
6. Read and pray the Bible (1 Peter 5:9).
7. Enjoy God’s care for you by His grace (1 Peter 5:5, 6, 10).
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. List the typical things we worry about. Do our worries change over time or do they just get new faces?
2. What are some Bible references that give instruction on worry? How do they help? C.f. Philippians 4:4-9; Isaiah 40:27-31; Joshua 1:8-9; Matthew 6:30
3. How does being part of a church help with worries? How does having a big view of God help?
4. What does it mean to “cast” our anxieties on Him? What kinds of sentences would you use to cast your anxieties upon God?
5. What does it mean to pray the Bible?
6. Have people in your group share what things they are worried about and pray for them using the Bible.