"Bands of Brothers and Sisters"
June 19, 2014 Series: Everyday Church in Relentless Pursuit
Passage: 1 Peter 5:12–5:14
1. Be faithful - not flashy (1 Peter 5:12).
2. Stay on Christ’s mission - stand fast (1 Peter 5:12).
3. Affirm and encourage the other soldiers to stand fast (1 Peter 5:13).
4. Accept each other with love: greet with hospitality (1 Peter 5:14).
5. Rest in the peace of being in Christ (1 Peter 5:14).
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. How do the pictures relate to the Christian life and the local church? How do illustrate what the local church should be like?
2. What is our mission as a church? Don’t answer this question with vague generalities like: glorify God, be Christ centered, etc. Try to describe our mission in everyday activities.
3. What does it mean to stand fast? Why is warm hospitality needed among believers who are undergoing difficulties for the Gospel?
4. What are some of your favorite passages from 1 Peter? How have they changed the way you think about the Christian life?
5. Pray. Pray for the mission of TACC.
Our Mission: Be the church
A local church is a spiritual community of living believers in Jesus Christ, established by God, who gather together regularly in order to make the glory of God known through the Gospel, using every biblical means possible, under recognized spiritual leadership, who care for and affirm each other’s salvation, and then are trained and sent into the world to preach and practice the Gospel and multiply churches everywhere.
More in Everyday Church in Relentless Pursuit
June 29, 2014"Bands of Brothers and Sisters - part 2"
June 9, 2014"Worried About So Many Things? Get That Fixed Now!"
June 8, 2014"What's a Pastor to Do?