"The Wisdom of God in Marriage"
February 15, 2015 Series: Follow Me
Passage: Matthew 5:27–5:32
1. God’s design for marriage promotes human _________________. God made us male and female and commands us to be fruitful and multiply, rule the earth and fill it, and to act and think and feel rightly about this - for reasons, Matthew 5:27-32; Genesis 1:26-28; Ephesians 5:32.
2. Males cannot fill and rule alone; the remedy is the ____________, Genesis 2
3. You rob yourself of significance when you change God’s pattern and commands about _______ and ______________, Hebrews 13:5. God is for sex and marriage, and sex is for marriage, Mark 7:20-23.
4. Christian marriage was _________ to proclaim God’s grace in the Gospel and Christ, Ephesian 5:31-32.
5. Christ lives in __________ with TACC. We are two different and complementary entities. We are not Jesus and He is not us. Only He can draw us to him. Human marriage reflects that as the husband woos the woman, Ephesians 5; Colossians 1.
6. God says unequivocally that homosexual behavior is sin; but that should not, and is not our primary message to the practicing homosexual.
• Genesis 19; Jude 7
• Leviticus 18 and 20
• Romans 1:18-32
• 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
• 1 Timothy 1:8-10
7. Being married rightly, supporting and encouraging married couples, helping your parents stay joyfully and biblically married, is crucial in loving the homosexual community and proclaiming the Gospel.
Life Group Discussion Questions
1. Why are we tempted to pile on Brian Williams? What verses in the Bible speak to the issue of thinking the best of others?
2. How has the current homosexual revolution affected you? Your family? What makes it difficult to act Christianly?
3. Did Jesus say anything about homosexual behavior? What is the difference between same sex attraction and the lust for more money?
4. If a practicing homosexual were to come into your home and ask you your opinion about homosexual marriage, what would you say?
T or F We lost the battle for the authority of the Bible when we quit reading our Bibles.
T or F We lost the battle for heterosexual marriage by not pointing to Jesus and the church in our Christian marriages.
T or F God made homosexuals that way.
T or F Disagreeing with homosexual marriage means we hate them.
T or F We are fighting the battle when we read our Bibles, love each other in the local church, celebrate and are married rightly.