"Blessed by Quietness"
May 17, 2015 Series: Seasons of the Soul
Passage: Ecclesiastes 5:1–5:7
“We are (a local church is) a community of true believers in Jesus Christ, established by God as His holy dwelling place, who gather together regularly in order to make the glory of God known through the Gospel, using every biblical means possible [preaching, Lord’s Supper, baptism, public reading of Scripture, studying the Bible together, prayer, fellowship, singing, worship, eating together, serving, caring for each other] under recognized spiritual leadership (qualified elders and pastors), who care for and affirm each other’s salvation, and then are trained and sent into the world to preach and practice the Gospel and multiply churches everywhere." 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; Hebrews 10:24-25; Exodus 33; 1 Timothy 3; Titus 1; Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Peter 1:10.
1. TACC is a temple, a dwelling place, a house of God, a unique worshipping community.
Ecclesiastes 5:1; 1 Timothy 3:15; 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 1 Peter 2:4-9; Revelation 1:12-13; Matthew 18:20
2. We come together, as a community, on a regular basis to worship God.
Exodus 20:3; Psalm 50:21; Isaiah 40:12-31; 45:5-7; Matthew 22:37-38; Hebrews 12:18-29
Worship is the Christian’s delightful, obedient response to God, acknowledging and ascribing honor and worth to Him, because of who He is.
is focused on Christ’s cross-work,
is empowered and directed by the Spirit through the Bible,
is manifested in all of life,
is celebrated together with other redeemed church members,
is displayed in adoration and action, in anticipation of the coming of Jesus.
3. Worship Lesson #1: be humbly quiet.
Ecclesiastes 5:1-3; Psalm 50:16; 1 Kings 12:33; Isaiah 29:13; Jer. 12:2
You don’t find God by shouting “Me!” in a loud voice.
4. Worship Lesson #2: Worship includes adoration and obedient conviction. We leave the gathering with careful and resolute determination.
Life Group Discussion Questions
1. Why is worship so personal? What makes the sermon so important? Singing? Praying?
What other elements should be included in worship? Why? Are announcements part of worship?
2. We tend to become attached to certain styles of music. Why? Are some styles of music more worshipful? Does everyone have a music of the heart?
3. Why are vows a part of worship? Has anyone made any vows recently?
4. What can we do to prepare better for worship with TACC?
5. How does regular attendance at TACC community worship aid in your spiritual growth?