"The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer"
Passage: Matthew 6:5–6:15
What is prayer? “Prayer is continuing a conversation that God has started through his Word and his grace, which eventually becomes a full encounter with him.” - Tim Keller
1. Be careful of ostentatious and thoughtless prayers.
2. Plan to pray, it is a duty, a discipline and a delight.
3. The reward for right praying: answers, knowing God, rewards in heaven.
4. He is a Father, it is natural thing to listen and speak.
5. He is our Father. Prayer is a church discipline.
6. He is our Father and He is in heaven.
7. His name, His kingdom and His will come first.
8. Our three great needs are for sustenance, hope and holiness.
9. We pray because we must pray.