"The God Who Loves to Give"
May 8, 2016 Series: Follow Me
Passage: Matthew 7:7–7:11
1. Make some resolutions and then act, Matthew 4:17 - 19; 5:17-20; Judges 5:15-16; 1 Timothy 4:7-8.
2. Declare war on social media, television and the internet, Matthew 4:17 - 19; 5:18; 1 Timothy 4:7-8; 2 Timothy 2:3-9.
3. Live in the Word. Those who wish to engage in war-time asking, seeking, knocking, must live in the Word, Matthew 5:17-20; John 15:5, 7, 16; Psalm 1; Jeremiah 15:16.
4. Resolve to pray, make plans and schedule prayer, and then pray, Matthew 6:5-13. Hebrews 4:14-16; Mark 1:35.
5. Remind yourself that our Father is a Father who loves to give, Matthew 7:7-11.
1. We can, and have, preached, talked about and mulled over why we don’t pray probably for more time than we have actually prayed. Pray Psalm 1 as a group. In the video this week I will model how to pray the Bible from Psalm 1. You might watch the video as a group and then pray.
2. How many times in Matthew 7:7-11 does Jesus say that the Father will give in response to our prayers?
3. What are the four answers to prayer that we might receive? Are there more categories of answers? (hint: no, yes, wait, not this but this). Discuss.
4. When the Bible says “ask whatever you wish and God will give it to you, Matthew 7:7; John 14:13” why do we need to understand this in the context of what the Bible teaches about prayer?