"Ten Things About God that Will Change Your Life"
1. Creator. He made everything, by speaking. He set in order and causes the workings of nature to happen; and he set the boundaries for the use of His world; therefore, make plans to listen to Him, Genesis 1:1, 3, 6, 9, 11, 14, 20, 24, 26, 29.
Deuteronomy 4:7-9 - For what great nation is there that has a god so near to it as is the Lord our God whenever we call on Him? Or what great nation is there that has statutes and judgments as righteous as this whole law which I am setting before you today? Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons.
Deuteronomy 32:47 - For it is not an idle word for you, indeed it is your life.
Isaiah 30:8 - Now go write it on a tablet before them and inscribe it on a scroll, that it may serve in time to come as a witness forever.
Isaiah 42:21 - The Lord was pleased for his righteousness sake to make the law great and glorious.
Jeremiah 6:16 - Thus says the Lord, stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is, and walk in it and you shall find rest for your souls.
1 Peter 2:2 - Like newborn babes, long for the pure milk of the word, that by it you may grow in respect to salvation.
1 John 2:14 - I have written to you young men because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.
2. Gracious. He spares rebels, by His grace. Presumption is deadly; plead with Him for forgiveness and grace. Trust Him in your trouble. We want to be God, but that is impossible, Genesis 3:15; Ephesians 2:1-10.
3. Hope. He blesses insurgents, by His own choosing, and calls them to be His people, Genesis 12:1-3; Matthew 5-7; 5:1-16; 1 Peter 2:1-10. His people are in the business of telling others about him. That has always been a primary characteristic of God’s people, we will never be happy unless we are telling the excellencies of God. The enjoyment of God demands the telling.
4. Commander. He commands. He demands. We must know and feel rightly. Obey with joy, Exodus 20; Deuteronomy 12:7; 28:47; Philippians 3:1; 4:4.
5. King. He is in total control; He reigns as King, 2 Samuel 7; Psalm 2; Matthew 1, Luke 1; Philippians 2:5-11.
6. Wise. He is all knowing, all-smart, all and only wise, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Romans 16:25-27; Colossians 2:3. Seek it, know it, learn it.
7. Peculiarly glorious and humble, the Lamb and the Lion of the tribe of Judah. Be properly amazed, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Philippians 2:5-11; 2 Corinthians 8:9.
Revelation 5:5 - I wept and wept and wept that no one was found able to open the scroll, able to read it. One of the Elders said, “Don’t weep. Look—the Lion from Tribe Judah, the Root of David’s Tree, has conquered. He can open the scroll, can rip through the seven seals.”
8. The Savior. The God who rescues. Believe and repent, Isaiah 43:11; Matthew 11:28-30; John 3:16; Hebrews 11:29.
9. Re-creator. He makes all things new. The God who revolutionizes, Romans 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 2:20; Phil 3:7-14.
10. The sole winner. The God who triumphs by the Lion and the Lamb, 1 Corinthians 15; Revelation 19-22; 21:1-8. Follow the King, forget the ¬¬¬FOMO.
More in The Story of God
July 3, 2016"And Yet Jehoiachin Lives..."