"Five Steps Out of the Abyss of Grumbling"
Passage: Numbers 11:1–11:15
Key Passage: Numbers 11:1-15
“Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.” The Apostle Paul who was beaten times without number, left for dead and abandoned by many trusted ministry partners. Philippians 2:14-16 (ESV)
“Ultimately, complaining is the verbal communication of this very real lie: God got it wrong…. Moses says in Exodus, ‘Your grumbling is not against us but against the LORD’ (Exodus 16: 8).” Ronnie Martin
1. The Lord has promised good to you, Numbers 10:29-36; 11:16-35.
2. Find your Gospel-purpose-driven track, 10:34; 2 Corinthians 5:14-21.
3. Beware of complainers, Numbers 11:1-6.
4. Be thankful for the Bread of Heaven, Numbers 11:6-9.
“We are inherently ungrateful because we can’t be grateful for something we are predisposed from birth to not want to receive. That’s why grace is the only thing that has the effective power to create true gratefulness in the hearts of all those who trust in Jesus.” Ronnie Martin
5. Un-center yourself, Numbers 11:10-15.