"Truly Jesus is the Son of God"
February 25, 2018 Series: The Fight: The Year of Prayer
Passage: Matthew 27:50–54, Hebrews 10:19–25, Hebrews 12:18–29
Sunday Sermon: Feb 25, 2018
“Beware in your prayer, above everything, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do.” Andrew Murray
Four peculiar phenomenon that point to a shattering of things in heaven and on earth.
1. The Veil of the Temple is torn, top to bottom, Matthew 27:51.
2. There is a big earthquake on cue, Matthew 27:51.
3. Graves/tombs were opened, Matthew 27:52.
4. The formerly dead, who are now alive, appear to many on Sunday, Matthew 27:53.
Three commanded privileges we now enjoy:
1. Help and fellowship with God in confident, warm, prayer, Hebrews 10:19-22.
2. Security in holding fast to the faithful One, Hebrews 10:23.
3. Steadfastness from coming together in ways appropriate to encouragement, Hebrews 10:24-25.