Passage: John 2:23–3:16
Sunday Sermon: April 22nd, 2018
It seems I’ve imagined him for all of my life
As the wisest of all of mankind
But if God’s holy wisdom is foolish to men
He must have seemed out of his mind
For even his family said he was mad
And the priests set a demon to blame
But God in the form of this angry young man
Could not have seemed perfectly sane. Michael Card
1. Jesus knows spiritual deadness.
2. Our blindness is very troubling; we do not see it.
3. The only solution is being born spiritually.
4. The spiritual birth consists of cleansing and imparting of spiritual life.
5. The work of the Wind, the Spirit, is necessary to be spiritually born. The new birth, spiritual life, comes from the Son by the Spirit, 1 John 5:11; John 1:12-13; John 3:8; John 6:44, 63, 65; Mark 4:26-27; Ezekiel 37:9; John 19:39.
6. There are two possible responses to this truth (1 Peter 1:23, 25; Romans 10:17): we either feel endangered or delighted.
John 1:14; 20:30-31 – To be born again you must see the glory. John writes his book so that you will see the glory and believe. We must read the book and ask for eyes to see the glory.