"What Does Christ's Resurrection Mean for us Today?"
March 27, 2016 Series: Easter For Orange
Passage: 1 Peter 1:3–1:12
1. Certainty. Conviction. Humble confidence, 1 Peter 1:5; 2:4.
2. The Bible makes sense of God, life, and eternity, 1 Peter 1:10-12; John 1:17-18; John 12:16.
3. Jesus is transcendentally and awesomely the One who makes life worth living, 1 Peter 1:3.
4. We can experience love in astoundingly joyous ways, Peter 1:7-9.
5. Hard things are not meaningless; suffering has an end, 1 Peter 1:6-9; Revelation 7:15-17.
Group discussion questions
1. If Easter is not mandated in the Bible as a feast day or Christian holiday, why do we celebrate it? Is it just tradition? Why do you think there are no mandated Christian holy days? Romans 14.
2. What does 1 Corinthians 15 say about how crucial the resurrection is?
3. What is the difference between humble confidence and confidence?
4. How are we born again? It didn’t just happen. See Romans 6:1-5; 1 Peter 1:3.
5. Suffering, hard things, difficulties are a many faceted problem. What perspectives do we gain from the Cross of Christ that help?