"Down but Not Out"
Passage: 2 Corinthians 1:8–1:11
Sunday Sermon: September 9, 2018
1:8 For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, regarding the affliction that happened to us in Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of living. 1:9 Indeed we felt as if the sentence of death had been passed against us, so that we would not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead. 1:10 He delivered us from so great a risk of death and will deliver us. We have set our hope on him that he will deliver us yet again, 1:11 as you also join in helping us by prayer, so that many people may give thanks to God on our behalf for the gracious gift given to us through the help of many.
Do you ever feel like you have been knocked down that you don’t want to get up? It would be so much easier if we just to stay down. Today, we will look at how we can get back up when we have been knocked down and beaten up in life.
- Basic Facts about Discouragement (8-9a)
- It can ______________________________________ (8a)
- It can _______________________ your Christian life (8b)
- It can lead to ________________________________ (9a)
B. Answer to Discouragement (9b-11)
- We have to ________________ on God (9b)
- We need to ___________________ he is all powerful (9b)
- We need to _______________________ the past, future victories to give us_________________ for the present (10b)
- We need to _________________ and others need to pray for us (11)