"On A Mission To Forgive"
November 8, 2015 Series: Follow Me
Passage: Matthew 6:12–6:15
1. Resolving conflict by forgiving is what we do, Matthew 6:8-13; 5:9.
2. Forgivers need to pray, Ephesians 4:32.
3. Resolving conflict, forgiving, is urgent: drowning, millstones, and heaven are at stake, Matthew 6:14-15; 18:1-14.
4. We are most like Jesus when we forgive, Ephesians 4:32.
5. Resolving conflicts by forgiving, will be spoken of for eternity, Matthew 26:13; Mark 14:9; John 12:1-8; Luke 7:36-50; Revelation 15:1-4.
6. Forgiving gives you the ability to establish and maintain healthy relationships with sinners.
1. Why is forgiving hard? Is it harder than repenting?
2. Is it true that Christ has forgiven us for more than we will need to forgive anyone else?
3. Why is it easier to just put people on the shelf, than try to resolve the issue?
4. Why are the words, "Help me understand", so important? What do they communicate?
5. Who do you need to forgive?