“The Four Ancient Paths: God and Us”
Passage: Ruth 1:1–4:22
March 19th, 2017
Key Passage: Ruth 1-4
G. K. Chesterton "Jesus promised his disciples three things - that they would be completely fearless, absurdly happy, and in constant trouble."
A. Four Eternal Paths of God
- God has the climate controlled; He has chance controlled; He has all events in His power. He is wholly and completely sovereign over everything.
- He won’t let His promises die, His grace is like the waves of the ocean; He works for good even in judgment.
- He loves to intervene when His people take risks for the Kingdom.
- Often His hand is unseen. He is immortal, invisible, silent as light – sometimes.
B. Four Ancient Paths for Us
- A persistent loyal love, Ruth 1:16-17.
- Integrity when it is easy to make excuses, Ruth 2:4-5, 11-12.
- Generosity and an inconvenient hospitality, Ruth 2:12-23.
- Courage and boldness to take action, Ruth 3:1-4:12.